We deployed our ax capable APs without ax enabled for the same Intel driver
issues.  I wanted to test something with a flawed driver recently and
noticed it is no longer available from Intel.  I think Intel revamped their
downloads page at the end of last year to remove all but the newest
revisions of drivers.   We use SecureW2 for eduroam onboarding so we can
get a sense of drivers used by Windows devices.  We will probably enable
Wi-Fi 6 next year if the numbers continue to look good.

*Mike Atkins *

Infrastructure Architect

Office of Information Technology

University of Notre Dame