Michael,

We had similar issues earlier in the year with 8.8 code on AireOS controllers
specifically with MacOS and IOS clients and had to do a lot of digging into arp
on the AP and locally conncted switch, it seems the Apple devices were
poisoning arp but sending out responses on behalf of the local gateway, it's
worth investigating in this area.

Just another pointer, its seems the software end of life is actually related to
your 8510 WLC, seems the 700w are supported on later WLC like 3504, 5520, 8540
running 8.8 or 8.10, if you can get hold of a later WLC or spin up a VM
temporarily and move some AP access to a later version of code it may help you
determine if it’s a known bug that has already been fixed in later versions.

Rgds

Carlo

On 09/12/2020, 01:09, "The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv
on behalf of Michael Vinson" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU on behalf of
mvin...@iastate.edu> wrote:

    Kyle,

    I wanted to reply to your post...

    We have Cisco 702W APs in our residence halls and have been fighting issues
with wireless for many months now.  This issue seemed to appear this fall
semester.

    Students are complaining they are getting disconnected from wireless or not
being able to get connected to wireless.  We have been able to reproduce the
issue on an iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air.  We also had several
Windows laptops fail one day while testing, but this happened to use only once.
 We are also having reports of other devices such as Android phones or other
BYOD devices, but the main complaint is coming from Apple devices.

    What we have seen while testing with Apple devices is the AP and WLC show
the device connected.  The users wireless device also shows that it is
connected to the SSID, but when the issue is happening you can't pass any
traffic.  Everything will be working fine (pings and a streaming YouTube video)
and all of a sudden the pings will stop and YouTube will fail after the buffer
is exhausted.  Some times it will come back after a short amount of time or we
have seen it not come back for over an hour.  What is interesting is while one
or more of the devices are experiencing issues, we have other devices working
off the same AP just fine.

    We are using Cisco 8510 WLCs running 8.5.161.7   The previous semester we
were running 8.5.140    We initially upgraded this fall to 8.5.161.4, then down
graded to 8.5.140 and then upgraded to 8.5.161.7 based on recommendations from
Cisco.  All these version have had issues.

    Students have said if the go to Campus buildings, dens or community centers
that the wireless works great.  The APs in these locations are 3702 or 3802
APs.  We have done a small amount of testing with a 1815 and have not
experienced any issues on this.

    We have been working with Cisco and Apple for help, but have had no
solution at this time.  Cisco has also told us that the 702W AP no longer has
software support, so if this issue is due to a Cisco bug that it will not be
fixed.

    Michael Vinson
    Iowa State University, IT Services