Under served. Whether they have no broadband, crappy broadband, or poor customer service from the "big boys", under served covers it all. I like the term.

Tom DeReggi wrote:

Word of advice....

I agree tht disaster relief should be a large focus of the meeting. Not only a review of how we helped, but why it is impairative the the FCC includes WISPs in its future plans for solutions for disaster relief.

rural services.

I believe one of the most harmful images that is portrayed today by WISPs is that WISPs are about "rural". I believe a much better phrase is "the under served". In order to gain strength as an industry, we can not JUST focus on the "rural" parts of the country, we exclude 50% of the WISPA members by doing that, and the consumers in suburban america that need our help and strengthen our potential volume. Otherwise, we get labeled as such. "underserved" by default covers all of rural america, as well as the 25% of urban and suburban America that are still underserved.

The fact is there is a percentage of American that are better served with wireless technology, and we can not discriminate by region, but inform that we need assets in all regions to maximize the number of people we can help, where Wireless would be more beneficial. A large part of the EAST coast is very hilly and heavilly tree'd, and not considered "rural" by the government. We all need 700Mhz.

700Mhz is the hot item to fight for, for the "under served".

We need to also remind the FCC, thatwe need legislation that subsidized and supports survival of this industry that can be an intricate part of the solution and safety for this country. Bring point to true redundancy and diversity, and what is required for that. A redundant wireless system doesn't do the nation any good if it shares all the same Telco COs, backbones, and core data centers. Attention need to be brought that the WISP community is no longer just a group of last mile backyard companies extending the telco networks, but are growing to size where we really have our networks runing in parallel to the telco networks offering true diverse path and redundancy necessary for homeland security and disaster prevention, and recovery. By including WISPs, in a tragedy less recovery would ever be needed in the first place.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>