The elecric company doesn't care what you do with their electricity... The
gas company doesn't care what you do with their gas... The water company
doesn't care what you do with your water...

Why should the ISP care what you do with your connection, as long as it
doesn't affect their network?

The electric, water, gas company all bill based on usage
Competitive marketing pressures have forced ISPs offer "unlimited"
all-you-can eat plans

If I was billing by the bit/byte, I wouldn't give a #$%#^ what the customer
did (let him resell, share his connection w/ neighbors, etc - I don't care,
b/c now there's no theft of service, since I get paid on everything
transfered)

-Charles

CWLab
Technology Architects