I don't know...I think its kind of a cute idea!   :-)

OK...But as a board member I cannot condone such business tactics. Play fair now.

As you were......

-B-

Tom DeReggi wrote:

I have to agree with John. I can't see the benefit of resorting to those type of poor neighbor policies. First off, I'd be embaressed to admit it openly on the list. Second you are borderlining on legality. You just provided evidence that you purposely attempt to degrade another businesses ability to do business, where you'd likely lose now in a suit for tortuous interference (or what ever that is called), if ever taken up against you. Secondly, anything you do to them, ultimately can be done back to you, if they get work of your tactics.

Its been proven many time over, that friendly neighbor policies far better mutually benefit WISPs. I'd advise re-tinking your strategy.

At minimum, if the goal was to get your competitors's clients to associate to you, the las tthing you'd want to point out to them is that your network would be vulnerable to the same tactics that your neighbor was. You expose the flaws in Wifi, and you ALSO provide wifi. If you insisted on tactics to steal their association, you'd be much better off, having their clients connect to you, and then you pass them to your captive portal signup page, with a splash page for better rates and/or performance options, with an option to continue at low bandwdith. The last thing you want to do is play Thug tactics, (sorta like mafia protection money), stating we are the ones destroying your ability to use the Internet, pay us, or don't communicate at all. No one wants to buy service from someone that they've developed animosity towards.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>