I am probably far more cynical than most but I really hope that Trango has
made a turn around as a company with the latest round of changes.

I tend to remember the bad things more than the good.

WARNING this is a list of the BAD things!! Good things are at the bottom...

I remember purchasing link 10's as soon as they were released and spending
time on the phone with at the time their rude tech support department trying
to figure out why they were locking up randomly requiring a power cycle to
get them back online. Only to find out from them that I was the only one in
the world having this problem and it must be because I don't know how to
install them. Low and behold a month or so later they release a firmware fix
for the 30 or so Day lock up issue that didn't exist.

I remember fighting with the 58xx form factor units filling up with water
and destroying the ethernet ports on them. Again I spent a lot of time with
the same rude tech support department trying to explain to them that it was
a pressure/temp difference causing water to be pulled into the units. Again
only to be accused of not knowing what I was doing and that I had to be
installing the units upside down. What do you know after fighting with them
about RMA repairs and such on the units they issue a statement about a month
later to not tighten the strain relief all the way on the radio so they
could breath and not pool water on the inside. I spent a Thanksgiving on a
tower because of this.

I remember buying and deploying a 900AP and having pissed off potential
customers because I couldn't get any SU's to do their installs. Also getting
to my 15th SU and trying to figure out why the web interface was hosed and I
couldn't add any more subs to it. Again another firmware fix.

I remember power supplies not having enough output to run the heaters on
longer cable runs and having to buy  new wall worts for some units.

I remember fighting and scrounging trying to find a switch that would
properly work with the ethernet ports on the units.

I remember condensation building up on the inside of the random on 5.x units
causing 30+ db of fade taking out links left and right. This is still an
issue on units I have not replaces with external antennas

I remember prices being jacked around.
The various changes in distribution models and not knowing who I was going
to get units from and how much was I going to have to pay for them.

You know what even after all of this I still buy and deploy some Trango
equipment, but it burns me every time I buy more stuff from them. These
problems would have been much more tolerable if they would have been decent
to work with and not so arrogant about insisting they werent having
problems.

THE GOOD stuff!!!

I also remember setting up my first long BH 14 miles with a Link-10 and
seeing 8ms latency and advertised throughput on the link.

Hooking up a few dozen customers on T900 that I could never touch in the
past with 2.4 or 5.x. I also get better throughput, distance and latency
than with my Alvarion 900 customers, alvarion is a master and noise
avoidance though when compared to T900.

My link-10's just hum right along since the bugs were fixed. Besides the
condensation issue on the INT units.

I do think they are getting a bit better with regards to customer relations
though and their tech support department was very personable and willing to
help out last time I had to call them. So I hope this is a sign of things to
come from them.

I have been beating my head on the wall trying to figure out what equipment
I want to use for a few new POP's this year and admit it would be nice if
Trango pulled it together with a good line up of cost effective, feature
rich and most of all bug free equipment early this year to add to my list of
choices.

Sorry for the rambling
Chadd.