The notion of avoiding toll costs by working with other WISPs sounds great in theory. From our standpoint, it would cost us more to connect to a single WISP than to pay our entire long distance bill. We pay between $0.002 to $0.005 per minute on average for domestic long distance.

-Matt

Mac Dearman wrote:

I agree with that bit of advice whole heartedly Matt!

We are in the process of setting up our own VoIP solution as we speak. I think that by the time that 100 of us WISPs get into our own VoIP offerings we can allow access from the other WISPs PRI's...etc for PSTN access to limit the amount of LD charges if their is availble access from a fellow WISP...etc

I think everyone of us need to be in our own VoIP business!! I have even given thought to a Coop kind of deal, but I need to have some more beer and thoughts on that :-)

Mac Dearman
Maximum Access, LLC.
Authorized Barracuda Reseller
MikroTik RouterOS Certified