From: Mac Dearman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] DC Inverter help

Brian,

  I guess I am an idiot because I hadn't thought of that! I don't have any
(hardly) of my APC UPS's overloaded and it would probably be pretty easy to
do that. I bought some rack mount Compaq 3000Watt UPS's for the NOC and tied
4 Gel Cell 100lb batteries to each of those Compaq's. That has been working
like a charm, but it scares the fire out of me to mess around them. While
connecting them I managed to arc the wires and that produced a ball of fire
that was bigger than I was! I later found out those 4 12VDC batteries in a
series (48VDC) produces more than enough DC voltage to knock your guts out
while it blows the bottom of your feet off.

 Sorry for that story - but it may keep some of us from "leaving here early"

Mac