----- Original Message -----

From: "Peter R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Lack of Competition

> It is a lack of federal policy. Every nation that has a federal policy
> on teelcom/BB/internet has strong penetration and competition - and
> cheaper rates. Granted there are lots of debates about why some
> countries are cheaper, and have more users, but the fact remains that
> the FCC has failed - FAILED - in its charge of ensuring competition and
> upholding the Telecom Act of 1996. Heck, they don't even enforce merger
> requirements nor spectrum purchase requirements.
>
> Without a clear plan, laser focus, and habitual execution, you usually
> have failure.

The notion that the federal government can actually create a policy or
program to provide something that is better than free enterprise is absurd
on it's face, and evidence suggests that is the worst possible means of
attempting to do anything.

I will agree that  there have been a lot of federal failures, but they
relate to over-regulation, the creation of monopolies, and a failure at
being good stewards of the public trust.   Add this all up, and you have to
wonder why on earth people think the federal government should EVER be
considered as being responsible for much of anything in our daily lives.