To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Insurance for use of bucket truck or lift for installs.

Tom DeReggi wrote:
If its a standard VAN / Truck body, Don't tell them about the bucket!
Call it a VAN, not a Bucket truck!

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

As an insurance agent for the last 16 years in the state of PA(Besides running a WISP too for the last 5 years), I can tell You that there are some negatives to just "Not mentioning" the fact that it has a bucket on it. The first one is that when You sign the insurance application(This info. only applies to the state of PA where I am licensed, keep in mind the every state has different insurance laws, but almost ALL of them adopted the laws from the state of NY, as they were one of the first to actually clamp down and adopt them, and this is what PA uses), there is a paragraph that says all of the information You have submitted to the insurance CO is correct and You then sign underneath it. It is a great possibility that by "omitting" the fact that Your van had a bucket on it, the CO could deny Your claim based on the fact that You chose to omit the information about the bucket on purpose, as You knew this would stop You from securing coverage?. While I do understand that securing the proper insurance is becoming expensive, maybe even out of hand?, I do not want to see You or any other small CO lose everything buy trying to cut corners and get around something by being dishonest?. Almost all insurance have something called "Good faith" agreements in them. This Good Faith agreement is based on upon the fact that both You and the insurance CO have been up front and honest with each other about what coverages You are receiving from the CO and what type of risk the CO is actually insuring. They fulfill their half by giving You a policy that specificly states what they will and will not pay for, and You fulfill Your responsibility by filling out the application with all of Your information so that the insurance CO can decide what to charge You based upon the information You provided them. If You lie, or as the politicly correct term used is "Omit" some vital information that would stop the CO from issuing insurance, then the contract is broken by You right up front, and this fact alone could cause You some grave financial harm if You employee tears down some fiber and/or phone lines. Just some food for thought.