On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:25:19 -0600, Sam Tetherow wrote
> Steve Stroh wrote:
> >

> > When a WISP slaps together a system, do they hook it up to a spectrum
> > analyzer to insure that substantially all the radiated energy is
> > contained within the desired band? No, they don't.
> When a WISP "slaps together" a certified system do they hook it up
> to a spectrum analyzer? Do they spot check their existing equipment
> with a spectrum analyzer? Faulty/failing hardware is where most of
> the real interference issues are going to come from. Well, that and
> every crappy cordless phone/baby monitor/microwave oven...

You hit it.  We don't check everything we put up.  For that matter, the
manufacturers don't check them all either.  They merely test the prototype
and the rest are assumed good.

The "certified component" idea would put the onus on the various
manufacturers to assure that ongoing QC would keep things compliant.