From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Sam Tetherow
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 8:39 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Brief report from FCC visit

George Rogato wrote:

> Sam Tetherow wrote:
>
>> So are you saying that a PCMCIA card with software and internal
>> antenna is not certified?
>>
>> No one has yet to answer this question for me.  Is it legal for Best
>> Buy to sell DLink/Linksys/Netgear/Belkin/... pcmcia cards for
>> laptops?  What about USB dongles?  If they are legal how is they can
>> certify a card and drivers, but we can't certify a minipci with
>> software?
>>

> If your talking boxed units like netgear, dlink, and linksys sell,
> Of course they are certified.
> Is the certification void if it was torn apart and had a bigger
> antenna and amplifier added, probably not, unless it is to their
> certified specs.

Then if DLink can certify a PCMCIA card with drivers for use with any
SBC (a laptop).  Then why are people saying we cannot certify a CM9 and
a RouterOS drivers and a couple of antennas (Rootenna, PW dish, etc) and

then slap them into any SBC?

    Sam Tetherow
    Sandhills Wireless

************
computer viruses(190).

computer viruses(43).

computer viruses.

 This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses(84).

viruses.