From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:34 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] For those in business just about a year...

Lonnie,

I do not controdict your comment.  I have chosen your same path.  I have
zero financing, and own in full a half million dollars worth of hardware
that is installed.
I was just pointing out the compromise. I now have a $10,000 a year property

tax bill.  The bank laughs at me, when I try and use the installed equipment

as colladeral for future funding. The only value that the installed gear has

to me, is it enables me to serve clients and generate revenue. Meaning its
better for me to own my company, and continue to receive my revenue that I
have enabled to have come in.  But I truly believe a company will appraise
for more, if the gear is leased instead of owned. The truth is a leased
radio generates the same amount of cash as an owned one.  But just like a
car, the second it is driven off the lot it loses half its value on day one.

Nobody ever puts fair value on used gear, they don't look at it as a revenue

enabler. However, when you lease, you have acheived finance and capitol,
which is hard to come by, freeing up the buyer's capitol and borrowing
capabilty. And showing a business model that is cash flow friendly
optimizing survival.

So if you are building to sell, lease the gear. If you are building to own,
pay cash, and save every point you can.  Because if you plan to stay owner,
why do you have to justify anything to anyone at your expense?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband