And also at my age of over 50, who is going to employ me, only myself.

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
Office Phone: 905 349-2084
Office Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
skype cajeptha

Lonnie Nunweiler wrote:
Telcos cannot cover the sort of area we as a WISP can cover.  Sure
they can take the low hanging fruit, but I see it is similar to the
gold rush days.  The first guys cashed out big, and the well financed
guys bought the best fields and made a mint.  A LOT of gold was
recovered by very ambitious and patient people who went over the
grounds that were too barren or difficult for the big guys.  We are
those patient guys.  We work harder and the rewards are not as large
as the early days, but we are doing just fine.  To put it in
perspective, I know a lot of people who work harder and make less
money.  In that respect we are doing OK.

I provide high speed Internet to people who cannot even get a phone
line from the Telco.  Sure they rode into town with ADSL and denied me
faster than a T1 for 2 years while they converted about 2/3 of our
dialup users to ADSL, but we have a higher potential for the people
the Telco simply CANNOT service.  We now have a 35 mbps fibre and the
world looks bright.  The silver lining to losing the dial up customers
is that without the Telco coming in we would still have a T1.

The other thing we all have going for us is that we can embrace new
technology right away and not wait 10 years for it to become a
commodity item.  If you are willing to take advantage of new
technology you will succeed.  The market is there.  You just have to
go after it.

Lonnie