On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:04:51 -0800, George Rogato wrote
> wispa wrote:
>

> > So, who set the "standard" for toilet paper roll size?
> >

> Actually Mark, as far as I can tell there is a standard for toilet
> paper rolls....

But you can buy TP in a wide variety of sizes, density, etc.

> Same for paper towel rolls and even paper 8.5 x 11
>
> Kind of makes it easy to use in printers from all manufacturers.
>
> You asked :)

paper is also available in a wide array of things OTHER than those
standards.  Those standards are not set and mandated to be used by some
regulatory agency.

Heck, Avery set standards for stickers, and guess what... most people follow
them.  But some don't.

I can still get stickers in the size I want, though :)