-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:36 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] calea meeting with the fbi

Sigh.

First, the mission statement for WISPA, just so's we're all on the same
page
about motivations:
Wireless Internet Service Providers Association is dedicated to
promoting
and improving the WISP industry.

Second, if you don't like it, join us in our efforts at the regulatory
level.  Sitting out there whining and tossing FUD around does nothing
but
waste our time and keep you from doing installations so that you can get

more than $100 in the bank.

Third, WE don't REALLY know EXACTLY what WE have to do.  That's part of
what
the FBI meeting is about.  It's not about kowtowing to the FBI, DOJ, FCC

etc.  It's about making sure that WE can tell YOU what is going to keep
your
tit out of the ringer with those people.  It's also about working with
them
to make sure that they don't expect things that are unreasonable or pass
new
regs that have no regard for the realities of our industry niche.

Fourth, certainly I know I'm not speaking for all WISPs.  I'm speaking
for
WISPA.  YOU get to choose whether or not you wish to agree.  You can
always
file a statement saying you don't agree and why.  The FCC loves to hear
from
us.  Last I knew the IEEE never asked for my opinion on a standard they
put
in place, but I use them all day every day anyhow.

Fifth, if we come up with a standard that you don't like, don't use it.
Duh.  There is no requirement, no way to make a requirement, nor should
there be, for WISPA to force you to follow us.  Feel free to follow any
organization, start a new one, whatever.

Sixth, don't be an ass.  We're putting in our own time  and usually our
own
money to help make this entire industry better.  I don't care to be
insulted
for the privilege of taking away from my customers and my family.

Seventh, I don't disagree with that you've said.  I also think that the
seatbelt laws are so much BS.  But I've paid enough tickets for not
wearing
one that I have given in and wear mine now.  In the mean time, one of
these
days I'm gonna run for Congress and I'll work to restore individual
rights
and responsibility.  Till then I'll do the best I can to vote for people

that respect my ability to lead my own life and my own choices.  I'll
also
follow their dumb a$$ed rules so that I don't go broke paying tickets or
end
up in jail over it.

Eighth, some of the things that you say people don't have to do, the
lawyers
constantly say that we do.  Sorry, but I'm gonna put my weight on their
interpretations of the rules than yours.

Take care,
Marlon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless