Doug,

I didn't notice anyone answering your question, though I might have missed it.

Alvarion offers a version of the VL AU that is limited to 25 simultaneous associations. The Comnet price is under $2,000 iirc. It is license key upgradeable to the "unlimited" version if a particular sector grows beyond 25 users. It makes new sites/new sectors much more practical than it was when the only option was the "unlimited" version.

For what it's worth, if you need an Alvarion Comnet distributor, I couldn't be more happy working with ACC/Wireless Connections (general email contact is [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and recommend them highly. I hope that helps.

In terms of your final question, you probably can't use this type of equipment on a live AM tower, but I don't see why a non-live tower would matter as long as you pay attention to grounding. However, I'm not an expert here...Mike Cowan, Bob Moldashell, etc. (amongst several others on this list) can give an authoritative answer if they notice the question. If they don't notice it, you might send them an email directly (if you don't have contact info, drop me a private note).

Chuck

PS: I've got no connection to any vendor other than as a customer.