At 10:53 AM -0500 3/14/07, JohnnyO wrote:
15K seems awful low for a tower on top of a mountain.....

You can build a 100ft Rohn45/Rohn55 for 15k - on flat / level land where
there aren't any major challenges.... Then again - No Cell carrier I
know of would go on such a tower.

What kind of tower are you wanting to put up ? Guy'd / Freestanding ?

Guy'd in this case.

Soil Conditions ? Rocky / Sandy / Loose dirt ? Hard clay ?

Hard soil (clay and rock are prevalent in that area, though I don't know about this particular site yet). My previous proposed tower location (which we ended up not needing, at a different site) had easy to work with ground (former farmland on the top of a broad hill).

<several good points snipped for brevity>

What I am trying to make you realize is that you'll be looking at
anywhere from 40k - 60k to get this done... With a hope and a prayer on
picking up a carrier - that's a ton of $$ to throw out there....

Okay, this is good feedback...and I feel (appropriately) chastised ;-). Putting a tower up at this location is clearly vastly different than what I was looking at doing before. I really appreciate the response (and feel like, if I'd thought about this just a bit more, I should have realized how different this would be).

Thanks for the responses!

Chuck

JohnnyO
APGWireless, LLC