I tracked down the patents and the verdict. I had to dig through PACER and pay about $4 to get it (you pay for every page that you query on PACER. To register you have to give a valid credit card).

Details here: http://radinfo.blogspot.com/2007/03/case-106-cv-00682-cmh-brp.html

If you want a copy of the verdict, email me your name and contact info and I'll send you the 28 pages of techno-babble as opined by U.S. District Court Judge Claude Hilton.

Regards,

Peter Radizeski
RAD-INFO, Inc.  <----- see Info is in the name :)

Rich Comroe wrote:

I didn't find anything that listed the patents in question.  Most were only business
articles, but one article did "summarized" the patent topics.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/business/20060619-1055-vonage-verizonsuit.html

"Verizon charged that Vonage is infringing on at least seven of its patents
regarding Internet phone service, a technology known as voice over Internet protocol, or
VoIP. The patents include inventions related to gateway interfaces between a
packet-switched and circuit-switched network, billing and fraud detection, call services
such as call forwarding and voicemail and methods related to Wi-Fi handset use in a VoIP
network, the lawsuit said."

BTW - cursory search at http://www.uspto.gov/ lists Verizon as receiving "57"
issued patents in total since 2001.  It's not a huge number if you were inclined to
search to see what they got granted that matched the topics listed in the article above.
All issued patents are public record and can be downloaded from uspto.  The trick is
narrowing down the list (or finding the issued numbers for the patents in question).
Does anyone know where to find the court actions?  That would surely list the patent
numbers at issue.

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: George Rogato To: WISPA General List Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 5:50 PM
 Subject: [WISPA] Vonage

 What patents did Vonage infringe upon.
What does Verizon have a patter on concerning voip and how does that effect the future?