Jim,

 It may be totally different here than it is where you are, but the
vertically polarized 900MHz spectrum in saturated down here. In the deepest,
darkest woods down in the most remote parts of our area there are water
towers, cell phone towers...etc that seem to trash the spectrum. We do have
a lot of 900MHz stuff out there - - its just all has to be H polarized. I
certainly agree with Marlon - - be sure you buy something that can "sniff"
the spectrum (in both polarities) and do your testing before you count on it
to be a reliable service.

  One more thought - my experience with 900MHz is that "it is not a silver
bullet" and it never does what I think it ought to. It has been a real
bummer fooling with it, but it does give me a piece of mind when I hang a
client on a 900SU as the gear we use is just as reliable as the Sun. Hang it
and forget it!

GL,

Mac Dearman