From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:52 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Open Meeting on 700 MHz

Apparently there is a meeting scheduled today, April 25, at the FCC over

how the 700 MHz band is going to be split up for auction. It amazes me
how we can be kept in the dark about these meetings. If anyone can tell
me how to get included on announcements of such meetings I need to know
about it. This really angers me that we are not there with some
representation today. If anyone reads this who is near the DC area
please go to this meeting and tell them we need spectrum to be made
available on a base station license basis. They need to auction off
individual base station licenses or reserve some for a flat fee so all
of us can compete. If they do not then hundreds if not thousands of
operators who are now serving rural broadband will not be able to
compete. This is an anti-competitive problem that the FCC needs to
address with this auction. This is a big deal. If we do not get some 700

MHz or similar sub- 1 GHz spectrum it is going to be very bad for us
all.
Scriv