Mark Koskenmaki wrote:
Read that document from the FCC again, there's HUGE areas of required
compliance that have NOT EVEN BEEN MENTIONED by anything to come from WISPA
nor anyone else I've seen, and we have 3 weeks to somehow bridge this gulf,
educate everyone, and try some give and take with the regulators.

I can't speak for the others that have been avoiding this thread. I've been avoiding it because there is no useful value in it. You refer to "we" like somehow both you and everyone else has been discussing this issue with no resolution. That is not the case. Some of us have already accepted the law and become compliant with it. In fact, the very people that are compliant with it are probably the same ones not discussing the issue.

CALEA is a requirement that we must all deal with. No sense discussing whether we should or not. Be compliant or don't be compliant, but stop arguing that any of us should do anything other then be compliant. If you or anyone else is choosing not to be compliant then that is your choice and I don't see why the rest of need to know or care why.

The thing I find interesting is what the practical impact of this is going to be on compliant organizations.

-Matt