You may consider leasing the server? Perhaps you can deal with support and
licensing and lease it to a third party. Maybe get some roi anyway.

Brandon

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ross Cornett
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:39 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Outsourced vs in-house email

Ok.  It is final.  You cannot resell your Barracuda box to anyone and expect

Barracuda to license it.  I just spoke with a VP of sales and he said just
that.  I told him that they should tell people this when they buy them and
he told me they "try" to tell everyone.  I will tell you this.... I wasn't
told.  $2500 later it isn't worth a dime.

I did ask why they cannot refurb the machine for a fee and then allow it to
be resold.  They told me it wasn't policy to do this.  I look at it as this
is how they are protecting their margins on new sales.  No buy back no
resale, no good, but I will have fun when I take my .270 and try to paint a
smiley face on it from 200 yards away.  Oh, he did mention that it is still
a functioning server if I wanted to use as such.   Anyway, end of thread for

me.  I just want you all to know this if you consider purchasing one.  Stay
with it for 3 years or you lost your investment.

Thanks for the headsup on this guys.  Now we know.   I hope I stuck to the
facts with no rumor or bad info.

Ross