Very good points George. Frank has definitely worked hard to show his support of WISPA and deserves our gratitude for sure. Frank, we all thank you for everything you have done and continue to do for WISPA. You are a friend to our organization and we appreciate you very much.

Just so you guys all know. I see that Dee has sent in his application for Vendor Membership to WISPA. He is not paid up yet but it appears he is taking steps to put his money where his mouth is. Alls well that ends well. :-)
Scriv

George Rogato wrote:

You are right Johnny, I was not trying to be harsh, but I right to the point.

As a member of the WISPA Board of Directors, you all should know that if you are a paying WISPA member I'm going to cover your back and give you as much benefit as possible.

Membership has privilege. If you are a paying member of WISPA, then I'm going to back you all the way.

Frank pays a 1,000.00 per year membership. He also has funded FCC trips at 500.00 per pop for those going to CALEA meetings. Aside from that he has given WISPA very expensive booth space at ISPCON, bought refreshments for the WISPA gathering and offered to buy any wisps 250.00 WISPA membership that bought his product.

Nobody else has gone this far and he ain't a wisp or selling wireless anything. He just believes in our organization and sells a product that many can use to offload overhead.

Dee is also a good guy, but he's not exactly paying dues of any kind. He could buy an inexpensive membership to help support this organization, but has not. But he is here and on the other lists to let you all know he is a distributor if a couple of products. I don't really have a problem with that but dues paying members come first.

I say if it comes down to making a paying member happy or letting the paying member get his toes stepped on by a non paying member, I have to side with the paying member. After all that is the least WISPA can do to give back to those that support us.

George

JohnnyO wrote:

Frank - Muto had a very valid reason to "whin" as you say it. Muto pays WISPA a good amount of $$ to be a Vendor Member of WISPA. Dee has contributed nothing other then for his own personal gain.

For Dee to make an appology and then change his signature to reflect another "free plug" was a bit out of line I think.

Either way, paying members are what are going to get things done for our organization. If a vendor is going to support us financially, then we need to stand behind them and support them in anyway possible as an organization. And if that means slapping the hands of vendors that don't pay, when they get out of line, then so be it.

I don't feel Rick, George, Muto was immature or out of line in bringing this to as someone said "the rubber meets the road".

JohnnyO
----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Crawford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>