I am not saying that CALEA is not real and I actually agree that is
required, BUT, did the group have to agree with the rushed timing and
especially agree to meet a standard that was not even defined?

They could have argued for some prior consultation to make sure the
requirements were not a hardship for their membership.  They owed that
duty to the members.  Instead they mostly tried to beat up anybody who
spoke against any aspect of it, and as you just tried, to say the
speaker uppers were acting like hippies from the 60's and merely
wasting time.  I believe in Government and Anarchy would be horrible,
so at some point Government must be prepared to listen to people,
especially an organization that purports to represent a large group of
people.  That is WISPA and that was what the group was organized for.

Heck, to come back from that meeting and simply parrot everything that
had been told to the committee was a waste of time and money to even
go to the meeting.  To achieve what they achieved could have been done
with a conference call, or simply done nothing.

The Telcos would never have sent a group and accepted an outcome like that.

I'll drop back to lurk mode now.  The level of hurt feelings is
growing, as evidenced by my private in basket.

Lonnie