Mike,

Good to go as long as the TV towers allow you to get the CPE antennas above the trees.

jack

Mike Hammett wrote:
Most of my coverage area is open fields, so there isn't much to making a link
work.

I have an increasing demand to install an AP in a small town (no point within
town is further than 1/2 mile away from the tower site).  I prefer to use 5 GHz
due to the amount of spectrum available.  An article I read said 1.5 db per
meter of foliage or 20 db per tree in 5 GHz.

The grain leg is 100 - 150 feet tall.  Many houses have TV towers.  Radio
Mobile (not counting foliage) says the worst signal I can expect to see is in
the 60s with most in the 50s or 40s.

Safe to assume that most of the town will be good to go?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

FCC License # PG-12-25133
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
FCC Part 15 Certification for Manufacturers and Service Providers