Well once again I am going to make a statement- I have promised to be
"gone" from here- and I basically am- But I check in once in a while and
the AP1000 thread caught my eye- We have a lot of Ap2000's from YDI (30
or 40)- yes- all legal and purchased as a system from YDI. We have not
bought any other wifi and don't deploy it anymore and we don't mix and
match. As amps etc fail (or start leaking) we use our decommissioned
stock. Hopefully we will have all of them out of the network some day.

Anyhow, once again the thread goes back to the same subject- Operating
legally and the back and forth pissing about this.

I will tell you all that for SURE you will never get a large scale WISP
to join, support and contribute to WISPA because of this issue. WISPA
will always be a collection of renegades and small time operators who
are known in the industry as "do what you want/need rule breakers".

More and more of you want to operate with licensed spectrum. At the same
time, the Clearwires and Tower Streams are starting to use unlicensed as
well- What is the difference between them and the typical WISP? The
lines are blending even more now and it will be harder to explain to the
"industry and the FCC" why WISP's want to operate this way but the
"grown ups" can follow the rules?

Ask yourself why companies like
http://netbnr.net/loc.html?http://www.wcai.com/about_us.htm are not
joining and contributing to WISPA? I joined with the intention of
helping our industry but was almost immediately nailed with this whole
legal operator issue when I spoke up. Not many of us are willing to do
anything with WISPA until that position changes and it has to be at the
EXEC BOARD level. It's very obvious to all that the board does not want
to address the issue under the current rules.

Save all the usual BS attacks for someone else-they don't bother me and
they wont change a thing for WISPA and only serve to drive more
operators away....

Marty Dougherty
CEO
Roadstar Internet Inc.