Mike Delp wrote:
We have over 2500 wireless clients, and we are in direct competition with
Cable and DSL.  We have customers switch over to our higher priced lower
limits every day because we can provide SERVICE that the cable/telcos can't
provide.  We average 85 install per month, and we don't have any big
investors.  If we had an investor to finance the equipment costs, we could
do 150 installs per month.
We receive an inquiry once in a while where the customer says why are you so
expensive, and we can tell them to talk to existing cable/DSL customers and
see if their service is so great.

We can connect to a neighbors open wireless router, and try a speed test on
his 10 meg cable connection during prime time, and see 80kbps that is a
small b, and then get 1.5 mbps on our wireless Access point on the roof next
door to his.  Cable Companies advertise 10 meg connections, but have a hard
time delivering in our area.  Maybe if your competition is just starting
out, and has the bandwidth to support their 10 meg connections, then you
could have issues until they saturate their infrastructure.

Our upstream is 200 Meg and we are averaging 25 meg constant usage, with a
lot of growth available.  2500 into 25 meg seems like an oversubscription,
but our plan is working.
With our 802.11b equipment that is pretty close to what we see (100 customers/meg). Although since we have starting pusing the 2M/512K service on 802.11a equipment we are finally starting to see that number rise.

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

We are not going to Lose.

Mike