Thank you David for your thoughts on this. I too am a bit skeptical. :) Which is why I decided to ask for comments from you guys. There is the additional issue of "mesh" routing protocols but I think (and I mean think) I may have that covered if the physical stuff worked out ok. It's just the whole concept might fall flat for a dozen reasons. I'm trying to figure out how many nodes I would need to deploy in a real world test, but I also want to think this out before getting that far and spend a bunch of money. The idea may be so bad that testing is unwarranted.

But hey, there must be at least 8 people left in the country without broadband, and I want to give it to them! ;)

Allen