From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Clint Ricker
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:50 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Legal Charges used in Malicious Interference Situations

Dustin from one of the WISPs down in Florida related a couple of years
back the following solution that had worked for him in such
situations:

1. Go to the offending provider
2. Relate to them that, if they proceed, they will drive your customers away
3. After which point, you will have nothing better to do with your
wireless gear than to turn it around and blast their APs.

Is there legal recourse?  Perhaps, but civil would be the only way
that I can see...not to mention that time / expense / trouble spent in
such a pursuit is not to be understated.  See a good telecom lawyer if
you decide to head down that route; if you are having a major problem,
then the money spent getting their viewpoint on the matter is worth
it....

A well drawn up cease and desist letter from a good attorney (if you
are out in the boonies, don't use a local guy, pay for a telecom
lawyer).  It is probably bluffing because I doubt you have the
resources for a full on litigation, but, then again, they probably
don't either...

Remember, one of the liabilities of unlicensed is, well, that it is
unlicensed.  Which means you don't actually have rights to anything.
Which means, as is FCC policy, that "take interference" is policy...

There are reasons why companies are bidding in the GDP of a small
country to get licensed over unlicensed....

----

----

----

> ** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at
ISPCON **
> ** ISPCON Fall 2007 - October 16-18 - San Jose, CA   www.ispcon.com **
> ** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
> ** FREE Exhibits and Events Pass available until August 31 **
> ** Use Customer Code WSEMF7 when you register online at
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

----

----

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at
ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

----