From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick Leary
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:33 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Flexible antenna certification

Wow, that's a big surprise since it is a 180 degree contradiction to
what Julie and his staff told us at the FCC after the rule was released.
But I am good with it. It is a flexibility that makes sense. As a
manufacturer, the only head ache is that providing tech support is more
a challenge since we don't know the characteristics of substitute
antennas from the stand point of best practices for co-location,
separation and general performance. WISPs just need to be aware of that.

I remember the day some years back when Sting Communications in Maryland
was forced to change out dozens of antennas at tower sites because they
chose an antenna that was not part of the certified combination, even
though the antenna did not violate power rules. At least this means that
WISPs no longer have that risk.

Patrick Leary
AVP, Market Development
Alvarion, Inc.