Why should Windows refuse to accept an IP just because there is a conflict on the network? As long as that machine has a unique address, why should it care about the duplicate? Makes it hard to troubleshoot the network when your troubleshooting machine won't get an address.

Scott Lambert wrote:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 08:21:37AM -0800, Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181