From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Liotta
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 12:55 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Router Wars '08

On Mar 18, 2008, at 12:36 PM, David E. Smith wrote:

> Cisco gear is well-supported and pretty darned solid, but is often
> many times as expensive as the next-best alternative, and the benefits
> don't always justify the drastically increased cost.

That is usually the argument, but it does beg the question. If money wasn't
factor would you prefer Cisco?

Anyway, that is a silly question. Here is a better one. I am currently
paying around $3k for Cisco 12008s that are fully redundant, can handle
today's full tables (i.e. greater than 256,000 routes), route at line speed,
support MPLS, etc. Can you name any solution that for the same cost could
achieve equivalent results?

-Matt

----