On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Ron Wallace wrote:

>I have a small Medical practice that has requested a firewall for
>their LAN. Which would you all recommend? Price rane below $1000,
>Doc woule prefer $500.

If you go with Mikrotik, ImageStream, StarOS or some other Linux
based solution, you can get into the price range you suggested
easily.  Also, with the above solutions, you have MUCH more
flexibility than a Pix or other solutions out there.  Give me a ring
if you want quotes on the firewall portion, as the hardware is only
a part of what you need.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Wired or Wireless Networks        *