From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ryan Langseth
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:59 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] The best Firewall - for the money

You can pick up a Cisco ASA5505 with basic access for under 500 from newegg.

Ryan

Ron Wallace wrote:
> Yes, you are right David, it was not specific.
>
> They need to protect their Medicial Billing Records, Patient info as well
as critical info about their own business from "Hackers" who might discover
thier business, damage some of the billing and medical data, or cause a
failure in their system. Worst case would be to publish "patient medical
Records data", this has happened before and HHS and the Attorneys freak out,
and so therefore do the Docs.

> Outside Access requirement is only for the Doc's wife to access the
"Billing System (SW)" to enable work from home.

> I appreciate anything you are willing to share. And your pointing out the
vagueness of the request was insightful, thanks very much.

> Ron Wallace
> Hahnron, Inc.
> 220 S. Jackson Dt.
> Addison, MI 49220
>
> Phone: (517)547-8410
> Mobile: (517)605-4542
> e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

LAN. Which would you all recommend? Price rane below $1000, Doc woule >
prefer $500.
> That's incredibly vague. What do they need to protect, from whom, and what
if any outside access should be permitted? This could be as simple as a $50
Linksys router, or as complicated as a mid-range Cisco PIX (last I looked
those still were in the $700-ish range). Answering the question properly
will require quite a bit more information. David Smith MVN.net

----

Ryan Langseth
System Administrator
InvisiMax