From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rogelio
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 4:32 AM
To: WISPA General List
Cc: WISP; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WISPA] The best Firewall - for the money

Ron Wallace wrote:
> to All,
>
> I have a small Medical practice that has requested a firewall for their
LAN. Which would you all recommend? Price rane below $1000, Doc woule prefer
$500.

I just installed pfsense, and honestly, if you're asking this question,
my guess is that it does everything you need and has easy-to-install
packages to extend its functionality.

Personally, I prefer PIX/ASA for this sort of deployment, but I've
deployed everything under the sun from
CheckPoints/SonicWALL/Juniper/Nokia/etc.

You can get a cheapo 1U server for like $400, and that should do
everything you could ever even think about needing for that sort of office.

The "problem" with servers like this is that there are way more things
to go wrong.  Getting, say, a PIX with the SmartNET is probably a much
better long term soln for a client like this.

----