There are arguments for flat rate and for metered for most utilities and
services. "All you can eat" attracts people who don't want to worry
about overages, where tiered usage plans cater to the penny-pincher who
knows exactly how much (or little) he needs.  For a service provider it
is much simpler to offer flat-rate pricing than metered because you
don't have to track usage.

But it boils down to *your* needs and your customer base as an ISP.

Ultimately customers need to understand that not all networks are
created equal, and never will be 100% the same.  Just as each physical
medium has its own limitations, management styles, network design, and
target customer each introduce variables that change the behavior of the
network.

You have to look at your target customer base and design a system for
them, not let a few power-users dictate how you will run your business.
  The (generally illegal) actions of <10% of your users should not
affect and hinder the (value added) service(s) you provide to the other
90+%.

The real Net Neutrality concern should be about network owners
purposefully hindering access to legitimate but "less preferred" content
providers.  Proponents cannot consider end-users as content providers,
and that's what they're trying to do with the whole P2P mess.

I pity the pro-P2P advocates; if the overwhelming percentage of P2P
traffic that is illegitimate was taken out of the picture, their
miniscule amount of valid traffic would fly under the radar and P2P
would no longer be a problem.