Charles,
We tried that back in January and it wasn't available at the time. Not to
mention their new voip project manager began quoting us prices like $15000
because he had no idea what else was out there (vox, etc.)
Despite the pricing not being anywhere near as good as Vox, the service was
not acceptable to us here in Alabama. Vox's service has been continually
above par. We've had no problems and absolutely no complaints with their
service. We had a few issues with latency on the Alianza/PowerCode system.

Furthermore, and with all due respect to their platform, I've never
experienced a clear call with PC nor a subscriber of theirs using the
Alianza service who lives in California. I've had others admit this as
well...so I know it isn't my network.

The real issue is that we made a choice, we like the choice, and we're
sticking with it until we are ever dissatisfied with it. I don't see us
being dissatisfied if the service continues the way it is.

I feel like it is unfortunate for those of us in this small industry who
like choices that PowerCode has decided to try to corner the market with a
strategic partnership with Alianza. I really wish they would stick to what
they do best, make money off of their software. Then it would be a win win
for everyone.

As it is, we'll see how the success of this all in one wisp/voip provider in
a box works out for PC. Usually it works best for people to focus, instead
of trying to be all things to all people. I'm young, but I've already
learned that lesson in business.

Joe Fiero of NuTel Broadband wrote this earlier, I think he feels the same
way....very disappointed:

John,

We tested with and subsequently signed on with VoX early this year.
Excellent white label service.  Call quality is consistently excellent, no
issues with dropped calls, great pricing ( they offer a WISPA members
discount).  You can be up and running with them in about 30 days.

However, they do not offer a billing solution, but they do provide an FTP
site that can be swept by a billing server for call and account records.  '

With respect to the number of lines, we are at a very low number because we
made a poor choice concerning our billing.  We purchased ImageStream routers
with the intent of running a very popular wireless billing/BMU that they
consider a "technology partner".  I spoke at length with the software
company, let's call them PC, back in November/December.  At the time I was
assured they could integrate any VoIP service into their billing.  So I
signed on with them on December 11, 2007.  As of yesterday I was told they
can't be bothered to complete the integration with VoX because VoX will not
"partner" with them.

Translation, they want to bill us for VoIP services as they are doing now
with a few others.

Somewhere along the way, PC went from being a software company to wanting to
be a VoIP reseller and dictate terms to the industry as to who we should be
using.  I can't even begin to calculate how much revenue we lost in this
debacle, but I make the decisions as to who I choose to use as a vendor, not
another vendor.

We are currently bringing this to an end with what so far appears to be a
very knowledgeable billing company that feels they can have this done in
just a few weeks, including integration with a BMU.

The team at VoX told me months ago I was being strung along by PC, but I
stuck it out based on their reputation, and felt they would meet their
commitment.  Of course I felt I had no choice due to the tie in with the
ImageStream routers.

I know this integration was discussed a short time ago on this list and
there was some concern about all this integration that it would start to
limit the choices for WISP operators.  I believe this is a perfect example.

Joe Fiero

NuTel Broadband Corporation
Carson City, Nevada

So Charles, to answer your question:

We are looking for a billing system that will integrate with the Voice
provider we've chosen, and are happy with.

I have a slight disdain for the choices that PowerCode has made in the
direction of its voip business because it is trying to monopolize the
industry. I hope it doesn't work out for the sake of the industry. I feel
that PowerCode is doing more harm for WISPs in its selfish ambition.

In the end, I believe they will find that they have spent and wasted more
time and money trying to put together a conglomerate, than if they had done
what they could do really well....write software, and remain vendor neutral.

Just my honest opinion....I see a brown squirrel, I call it a brown
squirrel.

John

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Charles Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John,
>
> I was under the impression that PowerCode (the billing platform you use)
> has some sort of "VoIP Partnership" plan?  Why not just go with them?
>
> -Charles

John M. McDowell
Boonlink Communications
307 Grand Ave NW