On Aug 9, 2008, at 8:41 AM, Chuck McCown - 3 wrote:

> We use a hybrid approach, asterisk for many things, and a Vox like
> company
> (it may even be Vox, not sure as I just approve the payments, Bryan
> is the
> one that vetted the company).  Our VoiP system is form fit and
> function
> equivalent to a wired telephone from Qwest.  We even port their
> Qwest number
> to our system and do E-911 in the same way.

XO does the inbound, ZCorum does the outbound.  Both providers talk
SIP to our switching equipment; customers hang off Asterisk (which is
tethered to the switches via SIP).  Gives all of our customers the
best of both (IP & PSTN) worlds.

Billing, as already mentioned, is simplistic with an all-you-can-eat
approach.  Our switches provide the CDRs, as does ZCorum, so we can
check things if it gets a little hairy.

-- Bryan