Dude

That is not what I was commenting on.  You made the following blanket
statement regarding radio links and waveguide:

>If you have any distance at all to go, and you want it to work, you have
> no
> choice.

That is the statement YOU made with your 5 million years of experience. THAT
statement could not be father from the truth. There are other choices and
they are more cost effective.

THAT was the statement that would seriously confuse the less educated
population regarding the wireless/RF part of the WISP installation. And when
I talk about "less educated" I don't mean someone is stupid.  I mean they do
not have or have a very limited knowledge base regarding RF and read this
list for information. For anyone that doesn't know better they could think
the only way they can make a link work is to use eliptical waveguide. And
that is incorrect.

There are tens of thousands of links running on Heliax/LMR cable and I am
NOT talking IF freq here. I'm talking RF out to the antenna.

And BTW.....My theory of "WORK" is it does what it is advertised to do with
20 dB of fade regardless of freq band.

Puff and Grunt all you want......You're wrong.  :-P

-B-