I would agree, it is very easy to go overboard and over engineer to the n'th
degree, however if you do that you will find that you would be introducing
more elements which would cause a negative effect.

E.g. Heat and power consumption...

Coming for the wired world, where only now folks have started to pay
attention to power comsumption and heat generation as being a bad thing.. I
consistently amazed to see some very 'powerful' wireless equipment working
with a 'wall wart'... It takes a bit for it to sync in....due to the low
power consumption that is all what is needed..

Moral of the story:  Very easy to get carried away and over engineer, but
doing it within reasonable limits is the right thing to do.

... Just me two cents..

BTW: I have one of the APC redundant power switches, purchased it, thinking
it would be a good thing to use... But never put it to use... Don't need it
in a Data center !

-:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Computer Office Solutions Inc. /SnappyDSL.net
Ph: (305) 663-5518 x 232