Daniel,

Comments inline...

> But I agree... 4 watts EIRP... 1 watt out of the radio.

Which is enough, for many Fixed applications.

>   Fixed devices cannot use adjacent channels... but portable can at
> reduced EIRP (which I
> can't recall what that was).

Which is just about what WISPA asked for and agreed to in its proposals.
Unlicensed use of Adjacenet channels was limited to 40 watts.

However, I'll argue that WISPA was agreeing to that, because we were also
asking for 20watts.
Non-adjacenet channel use will be fine for 80% of America, but it does leave
Eastcoast/Urban surrounding suburbs WISPs out without much spectrum.
This is a huge victory for Rural America, to have spectrum quickly. But we
also need to remember the URban WISPs that took a back seat for the good of
all, and thank them by our contribution to Phase Two of the Whitespace
debates.  The FCC is allowing additional comments to discuss the use of
"Sensing" as the technology improves and proven worthy, as well as
additional comments on higher power for fixed and such.  We need to try and
include in these talks the use of Adjacent bands for Fixed Operations in the
east coast, IF they can adhere to the same strict requirement to prevent
interference.  Fixed PtMP applications may be able to be engineered for
non-interference, and should not be restrcited from doing so on
Non-adjacenet channels when there is a geo-loaction-database, and
requirement for hardware to announce its location or owners, atleast not at
mid-range power (say 1 watt EIRP), so providers can developsolutions to
interact with personal portable/mobile devices.