From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of os10ru...@gmail.com
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:18 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] RouterOS x86 for Skype QoS?

Does anyone have experience using RouterOS (on RouterBoard or x86) for
doing Skype QoS? I've been trying many different Linux based servers
(ZeroShell, pfsense, Endian, ClarkConnect specifically for achieving
good QoS with Skype - more specifically to keep the P2P stuff from
killing Skype - and so far nothing is performing as well as little
router with Tomato firmware and it's QoS. The problem is having the
layer 7 sniffer properly detect and categorize Skype and uTorrent. I'm
getting ready to try RouterOS (x86) and Wolverine.

Does anyone have any success stories?

Thanks!
Greg

--------