From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Scott Vander Dussen
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 11:13 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Mesh just for kicks

Looking to deploy a small mesh network downtown in a small city just for kicks.
 Low budget ($4k for ~10 nodes) - just want to get my feet wet and have some
fun.

I'd charge for the service if it was easy enough to do and it worked good
enough to justify a cost, otherwise free.  Was hoping there is was a turn-key
solution (PLEASE don't suggest Mikrotik - I could ask for a recommendation on
how to remove chest hair and someone will mention MT).  Anyhow, turn-key like
Meraki advertises would be cool.  How about the Pico2HP - is there a firmware
that works on those that could mesh?  Very new to mesh - thanks in advance.

`S

PS- Please don't hijack the thread defending how great MT is and how it can
save the world etc.. not bashing, just want plug+play which != MT.  (:

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone at 630-344-1586.