From: os10ru...@gmail.com
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mesh just for kicks
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:40:46 -0430

Mr. Bledsoe,

        I've heard it said that WDS isn't the best option for mesh because
under WDS each AP is going to repeat every packet regardless of the
physical location and whether or not the data needs to pass that AP in
order to get from the gateway AP to the AP the client for whom the
data is for is associated with. It sounds like WDS works because of a
shotgun approach, and routing be it STP or what ever just prevents
loops. The folks that say this claim that for the best mesh
performance, for "true mesh" one must use the adhoc mode so that only
the AP nodes in the route of the data flow transmit that data. The
folks that say this claim that WDS is not mesh, at least in their book.

        Would you concur?

Greg