Butch Evans wrote:

> It has been about 5 years since I've dealt with them at all, and I know
> there is likely to have been some changes in the way they handle their
> business.  As I understand it, you can get as small as a /22 from them
> if you are multi-homed.  Are there other requirements that I am
> overlooking?  How hard are they to deal with in terms of getting them to
> provide you with an allocation in advance of the actual connection of
> the second circuit?  It would be nice to only have 1 renumbering in this
> process.

As long as your client needs that much address space, (i.e. is
efficiently using at least a /23 or so already), ARIN is generally
pretty easy to work with. Have your documentation together, show them
that you know what you're talking about, and you'll get your request
granted. As long as you're intending to multi-home, the fact that you
haven't yet actually done so shouldn't be a problem in getting an ASN
and a small IPv4 allocation.

They did recently introduce a new policy that IPv4 requests need to
include a signed attestation from a corporate officer, but that's
probably a rubber-stamp affair (and I don't think it officially takes
effect 'til next week anyway).

Be sure to get some IPv6 space while you're there, it's free, and
they'll need it in a couple years anyway. :)

David Smith
MVN.net