On May 12, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Scott Carullo wrote:

> Ok...  so back to original dilemma...
>
> I take a XR5, the precise antenna they certified with this radio
> card, a
> RB411 and hook it all up and use it myself within FCC RF guidelines.
>
> Criminal or law abiding citizen...

Neither, but you would be in violation of the FCC regulations and be
subject to civil penalties.

Think about this like tax law. Imagine someone makes a great case
about how you can avoid taxes legally by doing a certain thing. You
may believe the person and the person's reasons may seem perfectly
logical. However, would it be smart to follow them? Probably not
without signoff from a CPA and/or tax attorney.

-Matt