We have tried several vendors over the years but found a few years ago
that "standardizing" to one vendor was the best course of action. For us
it was Mikrotik. Sure we still have a lot of Tranzeo gear in the field and
even a hundred or so CB3's that still go strong on customer's roofs, but
everything in the air is MT. It really doesn't matter what brand of gear
you go with, but standardization makes things really easy. I do carry a
few of each board that I use as spares, but I'd say I have less than a
couple thousand worth of backup gear. Regardless of the board actually
deployed, I can "get by" temporarily on just about anything in the lineup.
Also, virtual AP has saved my but a few times being able to add a VAP to
the other sectors on a tower to keep most of my customers up and running.
I'd say go with a brand that has a lot of versatility whtether it is MT,
Star OS, or whatever and stick with it. Having a hodge-podge of equipment
out there is asking for trouble.

Cameron