You can strip the shield back on coax like suggested, but you stand
the chance of having too high of a standing wave ratio and harming the RF amp.

You can just keep a couple rubber duckies with the right gender
changer on the bench, or terminate to a proper dummy load like these:

         http://www.rfparts.com/dummy.html

Mike