We use Cisco SCE2020s at the border. We used to "roll our own" but with a 10
Gig backbone at almost 40% utilization at peak time, it wasn't cost
effective to try to maintain an in house solution that outside consultants
couldn't support.

With the SCEs, we focus on maintaining speed for browsing, email, flash
video and VoIP; P2P and gaming is throttled either during peak utilization
or when a user has exceeded their daily quota between noon and midnight.

"Purchased" speeds are throttled at the CPE which reduces overall
utilization on each backhaul.

We're experimenting with a "burstable" function using the SCE, i.e. 10 meg
with a burst to 20 meg; it's been questionable at best in the lab.